Brightpearl offer out of the box integration with your Magento store allowing store owners to integrate orders, customer contacts, products and inventory.
Over the past year we have worked with a number of Brightpearl users who wanted to extend the functionality offered by the Brightpearl Magento integration and as a result with have announced several products intended to extend the Brightpearl Magento integration such as our Brightpearl Magento Store Finder and our Magento Special Price and Cost Price Brighrtpearl Sync.
Since then, we have been working hard to create a robust and flexible Magento extension that can extend or entirely replace the Brightpearl Magento integration.
Magento Order Integration for Brightpearl
Our Brightpearl Magento Extender offers the following order integration functionality.
- Orders pushed to Brightpearl instantly, rather than every 15 minutes.
- Magento Customers synchronised to Brightpearl Contacts.
- Stock Tracking option.
- Gift messages entered by the customer at product and order level added to Brightpearl Order Notes.
- Greater flexibility in mapping frontend delivery methods to Brightpearl delivery methods. Third party Magento shipping rate extensions supported.
- Simplified Tax Rule mapping.
- Email notification of any failures in orders copying to Brightpearl.
- Ability to re-push orders from Magento to Brightpearl if they fail for any reason, such as network problems.
- Custom product options in Magento added to Brightpearl order notes.
The functionality available in our Brightpearl Magento Extender replaces the Order Synchronisation feature offered by the native Brightpearl Magento integration.
Magento Products and Brightpearl
Our Magento Order integration will work with Brightpearl even if you have not integrated your Brightpearl Products with Magento.
Magento Configurable Products in Brightpearl
Our Magento Order integration for Brightpearl supports configurable products.
Special Price and Cost Price Brightpearl Magento Integration
We also offer a Brightpearl Magento integration that provides the ability to update the Magento Special Price and Cost Price fields from any Brightpearl Price List.
If you would like to know more, please get in touch with support.
Recently we have been working with a fair few Brightpearl customers, helping them convert their Brightpearl web stores to new sparkly Magento stores.
One really great feature of the Brightpearl Webstore was the ability to add stores and retailers via contact tags.
This store locator type function is vital for manufactures and distributors that are using both Brightpearl and Magento. Thus we've built a Magento extension to help.
Our new Brightpearl Magento Store Finder is now available. As always we're eager for comments and feedback.
Junior (Trainee) developer
THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED
Who are we ?
We write software to help customers tie systems to each other, in essence we automate.
We also do some plain old web development. We don't design, you'll never be required to design anything (unless you want to).
What you'll be doing
Answering customer's questions regarding our extensions and software. We won't throw you in at the deep end and we're not expecting you to be selling anything at all. To start off with you’ll be helping customers with their enquiries. On a busy day that's maybe 5-10 calls. Many days you’ll receive no calls at all.
The majority of your time in the first few weeks will be asking us questions no doubt. We’re ready for that and encourage it.
You’ll be working on non-critical small projects to start with, to both help you learn and allow us to monitor and sculpt your skills.
Eventually we hope you’ll get to the level that you’re comfortable working on small and large projects, as part of a team or alone. With the ability and insight to suggest technologies based on experience and knowledge to suit specific projects.
We don’t require any specific experience.
We do/will however look for indicators that you’d be suitable from your past work. Even if these are hobby projects. In fact, we ourselves got into programming professionally through hobbyist projects, so that’s a big plus in our book.
What you will need
- A decent level of written and spoken English, as you'll be in direct correspondence with clients and customers.
- A thirsty proactive desire to learn
- HTML, CSS and some JS experience
- Experience with SSH/FTP/SFTP
- Basic PHP experience
- Ability to work to time scales
- Ability to answer a telephone without falling off your chair
It would be great if you had, but we by no means expect it
- A decent sense of humour
- An impressive stackoverflow score
- LAMP experience
- Git experience
- A computer science or similar degree
- PHP framework experience (especially CakePHP or Zend)
- Magento experience in any form
- Exposure or understanding of basic Agile methodologies.
- Zendesk experience or experience creating, responding and managing tickets
- Experience with other languages, Pyhton, C/++/# .Net or any other language that sounds either like an animal or some type of pharmaceutical.
What we hope you will become
- A fully fledged agile programming polyglot beast. Programming in multiple languages with the ability to make business based programming decisions. ie. What language is best for specific business cases
- A linux administrating monster, more comfortable under the green and black glow of a console than in the arms of your beloved.
- Ability to grab a bowl, chuck in an API, chuck in 30 minutes of your time and manage to bake something that allows you to check the viability of a project
Where are we
We’re based in the centre of Bristol, 2 minutes walk from Cabot Circus.
Drop us an email to support [.AT.] madcapsule.com with a quick introduction of who you are and the best way to contact you for an informal chat, Skype, Google Hangout, Line etc.
Also please include a CV, try and make it as relevant as possible.
We will reply to all applicants even if it’s to say sorry you’re not the one for us.
AGENCIES PLEASE READ: In our previous job adverts we have requested no agencies. Clearly we are wasting our time as you seem to ignore this request. If it’s inevitable agencies will contact us, then fine, however please send your candidates C.V's plus their expected salaries to the email above in the same way non agency applicants would. Please do not call us or email us to arrange a chat so that we can touch base. We have touched enough bases, yo’mama’s base; seriously if you ring us, we'll probably troll you.
UPDATE:We have now released an updated version of our MyDPD Magento Extension that is compatible with DPD's latest update.
This update resolves the tracking issues described further on down this page.
If you already have a ticket open, you will be emailed a copy of the latest release before August 28th 2013.
Recently, there was an update released to MyDPD's import functionality changing how rejected shipments are dealt with and also changing how tracking numbers are fed back. As a result of this upgrade from DPD, an issue has occured in our DPD Magento integration extension that is preventing DPD tracking numbers returning successfully to the Magento shipment.
DPD Labels are still printing from Magento successfully, this issue is only effecting tracking numbers being returned to Magento.
This issue is only effecting customers running the below version of the DPD Magento Link application:
We are currently working to resolve this issue and will have an update as soon as possible. If you are using our DPD Magento integration extension and have one of the versions above, please send an email to our helpdesk and we will email you an update as soon as it is available.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The Mad Capsule Team
If you need to populate the Special Price field in Magento from Brightpearl, we have a service for you. This service automatically (twice daily) updates the Special Price field in Magento from a pre-selected Brightpearl Price List, allowing full use of Magento Special Price with Brightpearl Magento Integration.
:: Next >>